Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Honey & cinnamon layered soap

Hello folks,

today I'd like to share with you a HP recipe that I made up taking the base oils from another one I tried some time ago, and basically changing the extra ingredients. I oven-processed this batch (for instructions on oven processed soap, please refer to this), so it's already usable and it is maintaining the deliciously sweet smell of honey after a few weeks. I've tried it already, and it has a wonderful and quick lather, a very nice smell and it leaves my skin soft and moisturised. So, here we go:

BEE GOOD


45% olive oil
20% coconut oil
10% rice bran oil
5% castor oil

lye 5% discount
cow's milk 375g per kg of base oils (you could use goat's milk on the same amount)

Bee good honey and cinnamon layered soap
I made the soap as usual, freezing 2/3 of the milk to mix with the lye (for instructions on how to make milk soap, please refer to this) and separating the remaining 1/3 into two parts. I mixed one part of the not-frozen milk with a teaspoon of freshly ground cinnamon and half a teaspoon of cocoa powder, and I put the other half to warm up a little and mixed it with a tablespoon of honey. Then at thin trace I separated the batch into two, and on the smaller one I added the cocoa-cinnamon-milk mixture, whereas to the other half I added the milk-honey mix, of course. Then I poured one first and then the other in the mould as usual, and let it sit for 12 hours before unmoulding.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Layers are hard to do for some in HP...but you did great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot, I'm very pleased with the result too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts or comments here, or just leave a sign of your presence here. Thank you!