Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back with a vengeance

Here I am again, I have been busy moving around, changing jobs and fighting the hot summer these months, so I haven't been able to experiment with my soaps. Also, as I mentioned before, I took up knitting, which is now another if my favourite winter evening activities. I will be posting knitting ideas, links and hopefully patterns soon in here, but for now let's keep it to the soaps.

A couple of months ago, I was finally able to make another batch of soap, since I finally got rid of most of the soap I had accumulated last winter and the weather was finally bearable so that I could take out my lye and oils and start mixing.
What I got is a nice, wonderfully smelling batch of soap full of the beneficial properties of shea butter, but also white and creamy in the lather.

Here's the recipe, as usual feel free to try it but please leave a comment if you do, and also feel free to suggest any changes/improvements!


FENNEL WINTER TREAT

fennel winter treat cp soap

olive oil           70%          650g
coconut oil      15%          200g
butterfat*        10%          121g 
shea butter        5%           50g (at trace!)

*this is common cow's milk butter, with 80% fat so I used 121g to get 100g of fat and the remaining 21g are water so I discounted the amount from the water amount

water 330 g
lye       140g (5% discount)

at trace I added the melted shea butter and 5ml of organic fennel EO plus half a teaspoon of sugar. I was also thinking that a tablespoon of white clay could make the soap harder and slightly esfoliating, but I haven't tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts or comments here, or just leave a sign of your presence here. Thank you!